London, Jul 16: Andy Carroll to Newcastle for just £13 million. Brendan Rodgers wants £15m Theo Walcott. Luka Modric to seal £30million Real Madrid switch.
Today's transfer news and rumours:
- Liverpool are open to offers for their £35m striker Andy Carroll. Liverpool had rejected an offer from his former club Newcastle, while West Ham are preparing a bid to sign the 23-year old England striker on season-long loan.
- Real Madrid are close to seal a £30m deal for Luka Modric.
- Chelsea are on the verge of breaking the Brazilian transfer record fees for Internacional star Oscar.
- Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is keen on keeping strikers Carlos Tevez and Edin Dzeko despite interests from AC Milan and Jeventus. While Robin van Persie could be on his way to the Etihad stadium.
- Chelsea target Maicon could be on his way to Real Madrid from Inter Milan.
- Manchester United have confirmed out-of-favour striker Dimitar Berbatov is free to leave the club if they get an offer worth £5 million.
- Manchester giants, Arsenal and Chelsea are chasing 13-year old Birmingham star Foday Nabay.
- Chelsea winger Florent Malouda's wage demands could break talks with Brazilian club Santos.
- Chelsea are also interested in Arsenal winger Theo Walcott while cash-rich Paris Saint-Germain have shown interest in the 23-year old England star.
- Hamburg will not bid for Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart as they cannot afford his transfer value.