Today's transfer news and rumours:
- Manchester United have not opted out to sign Arsenal want-away striker Robin van Persie.
- Tottenham have confirmed the signing of Ajax defender Jan Vertoghen in a deal worth £10 million. The 25-year-old Belgian completed the move after passing a medical.
- Chelsea are preparing fresh bids for Germany striker Andre Schurrle, which could see Daniel Sturridge move away from Stamford Bridge.
- Liverpool are planning a £7 million bid for Korean and Celtic star Ki Sung-Yueng.
- Poland national team captain Jakub Blaszczykowski has been in the wish-list of several clubs like Liverpool, Lazio, Inter Milan.
- Barcelona are eyeing a £7 million bid for Newcastle and France midfielder Yohan Cabaye but manager Alan Pardew has rejected the offer.
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has opened talks with striker Luis Suarez, expecting him to stay at Anfield.
- Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart is eyeing a move to the Middle East after talks broke down with German clubs Schalke and Hamburg.
- AC Milan have agreed PSG's double offer of £51 million for Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva. AC Milan are ready to bid for Manchester City's Carlos Tevez as a replacement for Ibrahimovic.
- Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has not been approached by any club.
- AC Milan are also keeping an eye on Manchester City's left-back Aleksander Kolarov, who is reportedly unhappy at Eastlands.
- Andre Villas-Boas is sure to sell Luka Modric and replace him with Porto's Joao Moutinho.
- Robert Lewandowski could be on his way to England as clubs prepare a £20 million bid for the Polish star.