Babri demolition: Shocking news on Narasimha Rao surfaces

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Narasimha Rao
New Delhi, Jul 5: Veteran journalist Kuldip Nayar in his autobiography 'Beyond the Lines' believed to have come up with some shocking revelations which may not be good news for Congress and the UPA government. The book, which will be published soon, claimed that the late prime minister PV Narasimha Rao had started a pooja when "kar sevaks began pulling it down and rose only when it was over."

Mr Nayar in his autobiography hurled shocking allegation against the former prime minister saying, "My information was that Rao had connived at the demolition. He sat at puja when the kar sevaks began pulling down the mosque and rose only when the last stone had been removed."

However, such allegations enraged Narasimha Rao's son PV Ranga Rao who overruled all allegations raised against his father by Mr Nayar.

Defending his father, Rao stated, "It is unbelievable and untenable...There is no way father would have done so. He was in anguish when the Babri structure was demolished, for he loved Muslims for years and was their ardent supporter. He told us many times that it should not have happened."

In a chapter on "Narasimha Rao's Government" in the book, Mr Nayar also said, "Madhu Limaye (late socialist leader) later told me that, during the puja, Rao's aide whispered in his ears that the masjid had been demolished. Within seconds, the puja was over."

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...