Match Facts and Stats: Spain vs Italy
- Spain have not lost 19 competitive games since the 1-0 loss to Switzerland in the 2010 World Cup.
- Iker Casillas, Andres Iniesta, Xavi Hernandez, Fernando Torres, Cesc Fabregas, Santi Cazorla, Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos and David Silva featured in the Euro 2008 finals. No player has played in two European championship final wins.
- Xavi Hernandez has completed over 800 passes at Euro 2012, more than any player at a UEFA European Championship. Against Ireland, he completed 133 passes, breaking the record of number of passes at the European Championships.
- If Fernando Torres, who scored the winner four years ago, manages to score in Kiev, he will become the only player to have scored in two major finals.
- Vicente Del Bosque could be the second coach to win both the FIFA World Cup and UEFA European Championships.
- Goal-keeper Iker Casillas has completed 419 minutes without conceding. Spain have kept nine successive clean sheets in a major tournament knockout games.
- Spain have completed more than double the number of passes against their opponents in Euro 2012 672/341 against Italy, 810/198 v Ireland, 639/231 v Croatia, 638/429 v France and 658/331 v Portugal.
- Spain have had more than 50 percent ball possession in 21 out of their 22 games at major final tournaments. At the UEFA Euro 2008 finals against Germany, Spain managed only 46%.
- Spain's 4-0 win over Ireland was their biggest win at the European Championships.
- Casillas has national record of playing in four European Championship finals. Casillas earned his 73rd clean sheet, beating the record of Edwin van der Saar.
- 12 Spanish players were part of the Euro 2008 winning squad. Spain qualified with 100 percent record during the qualifying stages.
- Spain are without the highest goal-scorer in their history, David Villa, who also holds the national record for the most number of goals at the European Championships.
- Spain are only the fifth side to have qualified with 100% result in the qualifying stages. David Villa and Sergio Ramos are the two players who played every game prior to Euro 2012.
- Spain are the second European side to reach the final of three consecutive major tournaments, after West Germany in Euro 72, WC 74, Euro 76.
- Spain have won three out of four (75%) major tournament finals while Italy reached their ninth final, three Euros and six World Cup finals, winning 63%.
- Spain have conceded 12 shots on target, six of them came from Italy in their opening clash.
- Italy have won only two of their last eight games within the normal time.
- Italy held the national record of six matches without a win in major finals tournament before beating Ireland.
- Coach Cesare Prandelli is unbeaten so far, with 10 wins and five draws, including the penalty shoot-out win over England counted as a draw.
- Mario Balotelli became only the second Italy player to score twice in one Euro match. He also became the only player to have scored three goals in a single European Championship tournament, equal to Antonio Cassano's national record at all Euro finals he has played.
- Italy play-maker Andrea Pirlo made 146 passes against England, completing 117 - the most at Euro 2012 including extra-time.
- The Italians completed 835 passes including 68 percent ball possession with 35 attempts on goal against England.
- The Italian squad features six players from Italy Serie A champions Jeventus, Gianluigi Buffon, Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci, Chiellini, Emanuele Giaccherini, Claudio Marchisio and Pirlo.
- Eight out of 23 players in Italy have previous experience at the European Championships.
- Italy were eliminated by Spain at the Euro 2008 quarter-finals in a penalty shoot-out, Cesc Fabregas scored the winning penalty.
- The Azzurri holds the best defensive record in qualifying, conceding only two goals in eight games.
- Italy have never conceded the first goal at Euro 2012.
- Italy have picked up the most bookings (15) at Euro 2012.