Match facts and stats: Germany vs Italy:
- Germany hold the record of 15 successive wins in competitive games, previously held by Spain (14), France and the Netherlands.
- Germany have managed to keep only four clean sheets in their 19 matches at the European Championships.
- Germany have scored at least one goal in each of their last 20 matches.
- The semi-final against Italy will coach Joachim Lowe's 84th match and has won 52, lost 12.
- For the first time Germany have completed a European Championship group stage with a 100% record.
- Six Germany players have participated in previous European Championships.
- Winger Lukas Podolski earned his 100th cap against Denmark to become Germany's seventh centurion.
- Germany won all ten matches during the qualifying stage and became only the fifth team to qualify with a 100 percent record in the history of European Championships.
- Germany scored 34 goals in 10 games, the second highest scorers in qualifying, three short of neighbors the Netherlands.
- Manuel Neuer, Phillip Lahm, Jerome Boateng, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller and Mario Gomez play for German Bundesliga club Bayern Munich.
- Mat Hummels, Marcel Schmelzer, Ilkay Gundogan and Mario Gotze helped Borussia Dortmund to the first domestic double in their club history.
- Mesut Ozil and Sami Khedira helped Real Madrid win the La Liga title after four seasons.
- Germany have won five of their six European championship semi-final, but none against Italy.
- Mesut Ozil is Germany's most influential player with three assists in four games while Mario Gomez has scored three goals so far in the tournament.
- Italy's win over the Republic of Ireland ended their national record of six games without a victory in major final tournament.
- Coach Cesar Prandelli is unbeaten in competitive fixtures, with nine wins and five draws including the shoot-out win over England counted as a draw.
- Italy have never scored an extra-time goal at European Championship in their last seven attempts.
- Italy play-maker Andrea Pirlo made 146 passes against England - the most at Euro 2012 including extra-time.
- Suspension and Injury: Italy's Christian Maggio is suspended for the semi-final against Germany.
- Giorgio Chiellini (hamstring), Ignazio Abate (muscle strain) and Daniele de Rossi are all doubtful for the clash against the Germans.
- Pirlo's free-kick goal against Croatia was the only goal scored from a free-kick since Euro 2004.
- Eight out of 23 players in Italy have previous experience at the European Championships.
- Italy scored 26 goals in 10 qualifying games, a national record while they conceded only two goals, the least conceded by any team during qualifying.
- Antonio Cassano, who was doubtful after undergoing a heart surgery, scored six goals during the qualifying campaign.
- The Italian squad features six players from Italy Serie A champions Jeventus: Gianluigi Buffon, Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci, Chiellini, Emanuele Giaccherini, Claudio Marchisio and Pirlo.
- The Italians completed 835 passes including 68 percent ball possession with 35 attempts on goal against England.
- Italy have never lost a competitive game against Germany. In seven matches, the Azzurri have won thrice, drawn four times.
- Italy have registered twice as many wins as Germany in their 30 previous meeting, reading W14 D9 L7.
- Italy have not lost to Germany since the 2-0 friendly loss in Zurich in 1995.
- Italy have won two of their three past semi-finals, despite not scoring a single goal.