Euro 2012 Team and Match facts: Portugal vs Spain:
- Portugal had not won a single game in 2012 until they beat Denmark in the Group stages.
- Coach Paulo Bento has opted the same line-up in Portugal's last six competitive games.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is one goal short to equal the record for 22 UEFA Europeans Championship goals, currently held by Hakan Sukur and Jon Dal Tomasson.
- Ronaldo has scored six UEFA Europeans Championship goals, equal to Nuno Gomes' national record. Ronaldo hit the post four times while his side have struck the post six times, more than any other side in Euro 2012.
- Ronaldo scored the winning goals against Netherlands and Czech Republic, a total of three goals, taking his national tally to 35, more than legend Luis Figo (32) while he stands third to Pauleta (47) and Euseibio (41).
- At 24 years and 115 days, Rui Patricio became Portugal's youngest ever keeper in a major finals against Germany.
- Euro 2012 is Ronaldo's fifth successive major tournament. 11 players in Portugal have played in the previous European Championships.
- Portugal only managed to beat Spain once at the Euro 2004 quarter-final match. Portugal has never beaten Spain away from home in a competitive fixture.
- Portugal were placed in 'The Group of Death' along with Germany, Netherlands and Denmark.
- Pepe scored Portugal's opening goal at Euro 2012, as he did in Euro 2008.
- Helder Postiga and Ronaldo are now among seven players to score at three UEFA European Championships.
- Spain are unbeaten in 18 competitive fixtures since their 1-0 loss to Switzerland at the 2010 World Cup. But have lost four out of 14 friendlies.
- Spain have kept eight successive clean sheets in major tournament knockout games.
- Spain have never lost their last four semi-final matches in a major tournament.
- Iker Casillas has not conceded a goal since Antonio Di Natale's goal in their Group opener at Euro 2012.
- Xavi Hernandez has completed 734 passes at Euro 2012, more than any player at a UEFA European Championship. Against Ireland, he completed 133 passes, breaking the record of number of passes at the European Championships.
- Spain made 672 completed passes to Italy's 341, 810 to Ireland's 198, 639 to Croatia's 231 and 638 to France's 429.
- Spain have had more than 50 percent possession of the ball in 20 of the last 21 matches at major tournaments. Except for the Euro 2008 finals against Germany (46%).
- Casillas has won 99 international games with Spain, beating the record of Netherlands Edwin van der Sar. The Real Madrid stopper holds the national record of playing in four European Championship since Euro 2000.
- 12 Spanish players were part of the Euro 2008 winning squad. Spain qualified with 100 percent record during the qualifying stages.
- Xabi Alonso played his 100th game for Spain scoring both goals in the quarter-final clash against France.
- Spain's 4-0 victory over the Republic of Ireland marks their biggest victory at the UEFA European Championships
- Spain are without the highest goal-scorer in their history, David Villa, who also holds the national record for the most number of goals at the European Championships.