According to the MNS, beside the gallantry and efficient Dalvi displayed, the added fact that he gave his responses to Shahrukh only in Marathi in the midst of the melee has scored him brownie points in the MNS’ eyes. Shahrukh Khan is understood to have showered English and Hindi expletives at the guard in the heat of the moment.
Conveying their intention to felicitate him, Dalvi has agreed to meet the MNS functionaries. Arvind Gawde, South Mumbai vibhag adhyaksh of MNS has been quoted as saying, “Since the incident happened in our area and such exemplary courage was shown by one of our own Marathi manoos, we, being from South Mumbai, decided to honour Dalvi. We heard that while interacting with Shahrukh Khan, Dalvi stuck to his mother tongue and spoke only in Marathi. He did his job well and such bravery needs to be acknowledged.”
Arvind added, “All our efforts to find Dalvi failed in the beginning. But we kept in constant touch with our contacts at the MCA and finally, through them, we managed to speak to him on Saturday evening, and informed him about our plans. He told me that he's out of town for a few days. He had planned a vacation long before the incident took place. He will be back only on June 9 and meet us.”
Dalvi, on the other hand, chose to downplay the hype surrounding him and his bravery and said, “I did what my job asks me to do. I haven't thought anything about it. I didn't do it because somebody is a celebrity. I hold no grudge against anyone. Let the MCA decide (on the felicitation), and whatever the administration says I will do.”
The Shiv Sena had earlier praised Dalvi in the party mouthpiece ‘Saamna’ for his exemplary courage and had demanded that Shahrukh Khan should be awarded a lifetime ban from the Wankhede stadium.