KFC fined Rs 432 million for food poisoning

By:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

KFC
Sydney, Apr 28: Popular fast food joint KFC has been asked to pay Rs 432 million (AU$8 million) to the family of a young girl who suffered a brain damage after eating chicken wraps at one of the fast food giants in Australia.

According to the family of Monika Samaan, then 7-year-old girl contracted salmonella poisoning after consuming a KFC chicken wrap. They alleged that the girl was in comma and also left with brain damage.

Stephen Rothman, New South Wales Supreme Court Justice, pronounced that KFC was guilty of the food poisoning adding that AU$8 million damages plus legal costs to the family.

KFC however, refuted all charges and said that it would appeal.

The family expressed their satisfaction with the verdict, but was however, upset with KFC's plan to appeal.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...