Project Vyoma is an endeavour aimed at research and development of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). A UAV is a radio controlled (RC) aircraft with widespread application in aerial surveillance, civil monitoring and aerial spraying. A UAV can be of tremendous use in providing relief during a disaster.
Achievements of the group of students:
- The group was declared the best team when they, being the first Asian team, participated in the annual SAE Aero-design Challenge, an international competition held in association with NASA and Lockheed Martin in the United States of America.
- The group was bestowed with 'Certificate of Appreciation' by the President of India - Pratibha Patil.
- The team participated in ‘World Space Biz-10’, the international space & aviation exhibition conducted by ISRO with the distinction of being the only student project to have a stall.
- The team also got a prestigious invite to exhibit its UAV in ‘India Innovation Innitiative-2010’, the CII initiative to provide platform for upcoming innovations in India.
- The team grabbed the 8th position out of 75 entries from around the world during the Aero-Design challenge in 2011.
- The team was invited to exhibit its UAV in ‘India Innovation Innitiative-2010’, the CII initiative to provide platform for upcoming innovations in India.
Despite all these achievements, the group of students never rest on its glory. Now the group aims to rock the world once again with their new Vyoma project to build the lightest aircraft that could carry the maximum payload.
Now, the team is all set to participate in 2012 Aero-design challenge which is going to be held at Lockheed Martin, Georgia from Apr 27 to Apr 29.
However, being a student project, the team have been facing financial obstacles in their way. Now, the group of the students is expecting to get financial support from the corporate world. The aspiring students are all set to create another history.