Delhi College girl drinks soft drink in canteen, dies

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Soft Drinks
New Delhi, Feb 24: Sudden death of 20-year-old Kanika Sharma, a third year student, raised controversy in Delhi. Kanika died apparently due to food poisoning. But reports say that she fell ill after drinking soft drinks from her college canteen.

Police official has been quoted as saying, "Kanika fell ill after drinking a cold drink from the college canteen at around 9 am. She was rushed to ESI Hospital in Jhilmil Colony (east Delhi). But she passed away during treatment."

Meanwhile, police sent the cold drink bottle to the lab experts to check for presence of any poisonous substance in that.

Here it can be mentioned that Kanika was the president of a students' union - National Students' Union of India (NSUI), affiliated to the Congress. She was the student of Vivekananda College and was a resident of Ghaziabad.

Citing the report of Kanika's death, many started speculating that it might be proved as fatal for soft drink companies, though the police have not yet revealed the name of the cold drink from which allegedly caused food poisoning.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...