Many competitions will be held in curricular, extra curricular & sports events. This year the institution will organise a cricket tournament which will be held exclusively for the Media.
The competition is open for the all the media houses and first 16 teams which register on first come first basis will enter the tournament. Popular Indian site OneIndia is one of the official media partners of the Acharya Media Cup.
Some crucial information regarding the tournament:
Acharya Institutes Stadium
Acharya Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Road, Soldevanahalli,
Hesarghatta Main Road, Bangalore 560 090 Ph: 080 2372 2222
Date of tournament:
Cricket matches will be held on Mar 3 and Mar 4 and semi-finals and final match will be held on Mar 10, 2012.
Rules & Regulations:
- The players should be permanent employees of the organization & they must provide their employee ID card and send a xerox copy of employees ID card along with the Registration form.
- If the league matches are tied, the winner will be decided through the toss and in the final the match will go for a super over (One over).
- Entry forms must sent be sent in the attached registration form.
- Registration fee should be paid in form of Cheque / DD in favour of “Acharya Institutes-Student Development Fund” payable @ Bangalore.
The tournament will be played in Knock-Out format.
All the matches will be played with Cricket balls (tennis balls) provided by the organisers.
- Qualified umpires and scorers will officiate all the matches.
- The umpires decision is final on all onfield decisions. The organizing committee will be the final decision maker for all rules and conditions.
Mineral water and snacks will be served for teams during their matches
- The matches will consist of one innings limited to a maximum of 8 (six ball) overs
- Bowler can bowl maximum 2 overs
- Interval Between the innings shall be of 10 minutes duration
All players shall wear same colour T-Shirt and Lowers (Trousers) of the Company’s choice
- The entry fee per team is Rs 2,000
- Organizers will only provide Tennis balls and wickets for every match and the teams should bring the rest of the cricket equipments. Hard tennis balls will be used for the tournament