BJP leaders and RSS gave a statement that Yeddyurappa would not get any position unless he comes up with clean chit in all cases. A meeting was conducted that included BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, state BJP president KS Eshwarappa, CM DV Sadananda Gowda, Yeddyurappa, Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Minister Jagadish Shettar, National General Secretary HN Ananth Kumar, Organizing Secretary Santosh, Joint Organizing Secretary V Sateesh and it has been decided that ministers will not act against Yeddyurappa.
Five mantras to keep Yeddyurappa happy:-
1) Maintain unity in the party
2) Yeddyurappa should not be indulged in any controversial statement.
3) Yeddyurappa and his followers should not issue statements which will damage the party's image.
4) Party to consult Yeddyurappa for important decisions.
5) The legislators and MPs should go along with him in his tour.
"We have started preparing for the elections," K S Eshwarappa said.