Telenor, 2 other foreign telecos to fight 2G ban verdict

Posted by:
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Foreign telecos to fight 2G ban verdict
New Delhi, Feb 6: Foreign Telecom Companies including Telenor on Monday, Feb 6 announced that they will not leave the battlefield without fighting it hard. The statement came in the backdrop of the Supreme Court verdict that cancelled their 2G licenses.

The companies announced that they will move the court against the Supreme Court verdict. Russia's Sistema was among the many protesting foreign companies and said, "to safeguard our interests, we will contest this order by pursuing all available legal remedies."

Sistema - CDMA operator deals with nearly 15 million subscribers in India. Nearly 9,000 people have been employed directly and indirectly by the company and it has already spent over Rs 10,000 crore so far in Indian operations.

Norway's Telenor, which has majority stake in Uninor, also declared that they will not leave the country without fighting the law. An official statement from the company says, "I want everyone who is in Uninor and outside to know this. We are not closing. Uninor is a huge investment and it cannot be wished away. 40 million Indians have chosen Uninor. We are here to stay."

OneIndia News

Write a Comment

Videos

POLICE RAIDS HOTELS, ARRESTS STUDENTS

POLICE RAIDS HOTELS, ARRESTS STUDENTS