Major fire in Bangalore;Electronic goods worth crores gutted

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Fire accident
Bangalore, Feb 6: A major fire broke out in a building near a Multi National Company (MNC) near Nelamangala on Sunday, Feb 5. Almost sixteen fire brigades rushed to the area and after a battle for six hours, officials succeeded to control the massive fire.

Reason behind the accident is still being investigated. However, no casualties have been reported yet, though sources reported huge loss. According to sources, electronic goods, which were stocked in that building and were worth of Rs crores, have been gutted.

Fire brigade officials complained that the building owner did not obtain any No Objection Certificate (NOC) from fire department and proper equipment to handle such situations were not available in the building. Electronic and electrical home appliances major - LG had rented the building to store its goods.

Meanwhile, BK Hampagol, Deputy Director (Technical), Karnataka Fire and Emergency Services said, "We have ruled out the possibility of an electric short circuit considering the wiring system inside the building. Refrigerators have a cooling gas (freon gas) in liquid form inside small pipes. This gas is highly inflammable and more dangerous than petrol. If this comes in contact even with a small spark, it results in fire immediately. We suspect there may have been a leakage of this gas due to the pressure created by overloading of products. But we don’t know what generated the spark. A thorough investigation will shed more light on the incident."

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...