Among the major highlights featured in BJP's manifesto for Uttar Pradesh are : A promise of five lakh jobs in the state.
- Rs. 18000 allowance for the unemployed youth of the state
- Tablets for high school students for Rs. 1000
- Laptops for class XII students for Rs. 5000.
- The other most important poll promise is to build the Ram temple in Ayodhya.
- Farmers will be provided with free electricity even at the cost of buying it from other states.
- On the issue of 27 percent minority reservations, the 4.5 percent reservation in the OBC category will be removed.
- Farmer's debt to the tune of Rs 1 lakh will be written off.
- Hospitals will be established in every block.
- One cow per BPL family in the state
- The pension for widows will be hiked to become Rs 1500
- Rs 1200 will be given as old age pension to the elderly
- All the corruption charges during the BSP regime will be probed
- The Lokayukta in the state will be empowered and the CM will be brought under the purview of the Lokayukta.
- Girls of marriageable age from economically backward families will be provided a sum of Rs 1 lakh towards marriage expenses.
- Rs 30,000 bond will be provided to woman who bear a girl child. In return, an amount of Rs 2 lakh will be given by the govt when the child turns 21.
In an effort to woo the under privileged students, the BJP has promised free tablets and laptops apart from the aforesaid promise. Apart from this, free cycles will also be provided to the economically challenged students.
On the unemployed youth in the state, the BJP has earmarked an allowance of Rs 24,000 per year. This allowance will be distributed through credit cards issued by the BJP.