Highlights of PM's speech in Parliament:
- The nation awaits with baited breath to see how the collective wisdom will be reflected.
- The task of legislation is very serious business and must eventually be performed by all of us who have been constitutionally assigned to do this.
- Others can persuade and have their voices heard, but the decision must rest with us
- We have seen how public anger has manifested itself in the last year
- We have held a wide range of consultations and come up with a Bill.
- We have been enriched by wisdom of political parties and by all shades of opinions that have been taken into account
- We believe in transparent and open governance.
- We have taken decisive steps on corruption.
- This is work in progress.
- Show the country that this House means business