* There is no immediate requirement to lower the water level to 120 feet that was the demand from Kerala's side. The water level should maintain its status quo of 136 feet.
* SC reprimands both Kerala and Tamil Nadu for adding fuel to fire considering the rising tensions in the border areas.
* The court cannot be utilized for political gains.
* The SC commented harshly on Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's attempt to stoke controversy through print ads.
* On Tamil Nadu's demands for CRPF protection for the dam, the SC ruled that this decision should be taken by the Centre.
*The Sc also commented that the empowered committee was looking into the safety aspects of the dam. The judges said, ""If there would have been an emergency situation, the committee would have taken up the matter or brought it to our notice. In the absence of either, we believe the situation is not grave as being projected."
The apex court acknowledged the fears of Kerala with regards to the safety of its people and the possible safety hazard of the aging dam. The bench of judges hearing the matter said, "Safety of the people is paramount, whether in Tamil Nadu or Kerala...this can't be compromised."