According to police, gunmen fired bullets and a rocket at the two NATO oil tankers which soon caught fire and oil started leaking and spread the fire to other vehicles.
Meanwhile, no groups have so far claimed the responsibility for the attack. The Taliban had in the past said that they would carry out similar attacks to disrupt supplies for the more than 130,000 US-led international troops fighting in Afghanistan. Sources said that there were no casualties in the attack.
After Nov 26 attack, Pakistan sealed its Afghan border to NATO supply convoys. Pakistan has also boycotted the Bonn conference on the future of Afghanistan and ordered US to vacate an airbase before Dec 11.