Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said that government is set to pass 31 important bills during the session and is ready to introduce 23 other bills. The winter session is scheduled to have 21 working days from Nov 21 to Dec 22.
Meanwhile, parliamentary standing committee, which is examining the lokpal bill is expected to give its report by Dec 1.
Following are the eight key bills ready for winter session of parliament:
1. Lokpal bill: Seeks to establish ant-graft watchdog to probe corruption by public.
2. Whistleblowers Bill: Aimed at providing safeguards to those who complain against corruption.
3. Judicial accountability bill: To empower citizens to complain against corrupt judges.
4. Judge's Retirement Bill: To raise the retirement age of high court judge from 62 to 65 years.
5. Food Security Bill: Seeks to guarantee subsidised food handouts to 75% of all Indians.
6. Companies Bill: Aimed at overhauling corporate governance norms and grant shareholders with greater powers to defend their rights.
7. Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) (MMDR) Bill: Defining obligations of mining companies for displaced people.
8. Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) Bill: To pave the way for social security to millions of employees in a regulated regime.