While diminishing Kanimozhi's dream to go home, the judge made some strong remarks against the DMK MP and other accused who have been lodged in jail over their alleged gruesome roles in 2G spectrum scam.
Why did the judge bar Kani and other accused to go home?
- Accused Kanimozhi belongs to upper echelons of the society and is also a Member of Parliament
- By no stretch of imagination she can be said to be suffering from any discrimination on ground of being a woman
- Witnesses should have sense of safety and security - one way of generating this is to keep the accused in the custody
- Their ultimate objective was to use public money in carefully planned manner for personal use with no right to do it
- The order is given solely keeping in mind the facts and circumstances of the case, keeping the best interest of justice in mind
- No opposition from the CBI to their bail but that doesn't have any bearing on this case
The seven other accused along with Kanimozhi are: Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, former telecom minister A Raja's ex-private secretary RK Chandolia, Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar, directors of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Asif Balwa and Rajiv Agarwal and Bollywood producer Karim Morani.
All of them are expected to move the Delhi High Court seeking bail.