WB: Phenol used instead of Dettol during delivery, baby dies

Subscribe to Oneindia News
West Bengal map
Murshidabad, Nov 2: A newborn baby (infant) died in Murshidabad, West Bengal on Wednesday, Nov 2 when Carbolic Acid (Phenol) was used instead of Dettol during delivery.

According to sources, Carbolic Acid, which was apparently kept at the place of Dettol, was used to disinfect during delivery. The baby was declared dead soon after birth.

The shocking incident happened at Lalbag Mahakuma Hospital in Murshidabad district. The latest incident extended the jittery of the West Bengal government as it has once again brought medical negligence in the state.

Hospital authorities, however, set up an inquiry commission to investigate the reason behind the tragic death of the baby. The officials also assured that guilty people will face stern punishment.

Here it can be recalled that recently 12 infants and 15 newborn babies died allegedly over the negligence of the hospital authorities in BC Roy Hospital in Kolkata and Burdwan Medical College respectively.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...