A decisive day for both the Congress and activist Anna Hazare. With both parties locking horns, the day will spell cheer for one and doom for the other.
The ocassion will see a close fight between the Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC), INLD and Congress to a close fight to the finish. While all candidates, have not credited the campaign of Anna Hazare and his team as a reason for the lead or trail, the factor is however high in the minds of all candidates.
The bypoll held on Oct 13 had seen a voter turn out of 69 per cent with the Anna factor raising the stakes in a heated triagular fight in the constituency. The by-elections were facilittated due to the death of Bhajan Lal, who was the Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) leader and former chief minister.
- Official results of the Hisar by-polls to be announced shortly. The country awaits the most closely watched by polls. Latest trends reveal that Cong is trailing in the third position with BJP-backed candidate Bishnoi leading by 30,000 votes.
- Team Anna on a moral high ground following the Hisar results outcome. Arvind Kejiwal says that the results are a lesson to the Congress. Calling this a message to the Congress to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill, he reiterated that the anti-Congress campaign will only stop when the party passes the bill.
- Celebrations already underway outside BJP-backed Bishnoi's house by party supporters. With only last few rounds remaining on the counting, Bishnoi's win almost certain.
- Bishnoi comments that he has immense respect for activist Anna Hazare and that he will voye for the Jan Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
- Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee express dissappointment at the Hisar results and comments to reporters that the results need to be analyzed. He said that the party's loss in a by-election is a "sad thing".
- Law Minister Salman Khurshid eating humble pie and states that the Hisar election results were expected and this in no way indicates that rest of Haryana not with us.
- With Bishnoi's win almost confirmed now all eyes are on the margin of the stupendous win. Bishnoi's win is also a win for Anna Hazare's campaign. This is yet another setback for the Congress, with the party having to face a setback in Pune's Khadakwasala constituency as well.
- Bhajan Lal's son, Kuldeep Bishnoi seem extremely confident of a smooth win and states that his father's developmental work is behind the lead. He also rubbished that Anna's anti-Congress campaign worked for him. He is understood to be leading by a whopping 30,000 votes.
- Latest reports say that Bishnoi is leading with 1, 56, 000 votes while his nearest opponent Ajay Chautala has managed to get 1, 27, 000 votes.
- Kuldeep Bishnoi also engaged in headline grabbing rhetoric, says that there is not a single corruption charge against him. He says that even if one corruption case is proven against him, he will quit. He declares that he is the cleanest candidate.
- Congress engaged in mind games, with candidate Jai Prakash claiming that Anna Hazare's campaign had failed since he was still in the race at the third place.
- According to latest reports, Kuldeep Bishnoi has 1,28,739 votes, Ajay Singh Chautala has 96,538 votes and Jai Parkash has 45,756 votes.
- Haryana Janhit Congress' (HJC) Kuldeep Bishnoi is having a strong lead and has a upper hand with 15, 000 votes. Ajay Chautala of the Indian National Lok Dal has taken a beating with the candidate trailing in the election for the Lok Sabha seat.
- Initial poll trends reveal that the Congress candidate Jai Parkash is trailing and in the third place.