Andhra govt refuses to pay salary to striking employees

Written by: Ria
Subscribe to Oneindia News
Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad, Oct 1: Around 7 lakh government employees of the Telangana districts will lose their 18 days salary. Andhra Pradesh government declared that employees who are involved in the strike will not be paid for the days they participated in the strike.

The employees will face the losses during Dasara, an important festival in Telangana. The 18 days strike affected the financial department of Andhra Pradesh Secretariat at Hyderabad. The Pro- Telangana groups pointed out that the secretariat is performing its function despite the strike in the state because Telangana is grossly underrepresented.

Narendor Rao, chairman, Secretariat Telangana Joint Action Committee has been quoted as saying, "The ten districts of

Telangana represent only 15 per cent of staff whereas the other 13 districts represent 85 per cent of the secretariat staff."

Some people believes that the seperate state will provide government services to the local youth, so they supports the movement.

Yadaiah, one of the people supporting the movement has been quoted as saying, "My mother says I must get a job at least as a government clerk. Till we get a separate Telangana, whatever my qualification, I won't get a job."

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...