2G: CBI says no to probe against Chidambaram for 2nd time

By:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

P Chidambaram
New Delhi, Sept 27: The CBI has said 'no' to probe against Home Minister P Chidambaram for the second time over his alleged involvement in the 2G spectrum allocation scam.

The government earlier had said that the CBI was ready to take up the case against Chidambaram after a plea by Subramanian Swamy, Janata Party leader asking for a probe against the Home Minister.

"New documents filed for the first time before the court, will naturally be studied and considered by the CBI as usual and may be covered in the next status report," said the government.

The CBI last week had refused to initiate any inquiry against the Home Minister after Swamy submitted a proof in the Supreme Court that indicted the then finance minister P Chidambram and former telecom minister A Raja of their involvement in deciding the the 2G spectrum price.

Chidambaram on Sept 26 met Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and offered his resignation following an uproar over his alleged involvement in the 2G scam.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...