Media's 'speculative' reports hampering Del HC Blast probe?

Delhi Blast
New Delhi, Sept 16: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday, Sept 15 appealed for "caution" as such media reports are likely to cause "an irreparable damage" to the ongoing investigation.

The NIA is currently probing into the recent Delhi High Court blast and denied various news reports regarding the case and appealed for an end to 'speculative' reports. The NIA Director General S.C. Sinha termed all such reports as "speculative".

According to media reports, the two emails -- both in the name of Chotoo of the Indian Mujahideen --- were traced to the DAV school student's home after New Delhi approached the US for assistance.

The Jammu and Kashmir Police and NIA teams arrested two more people from Kishtwar town for their links to an email that claimed terror group Harkat-ul-Jehadi-Islami (HuJI) responsible for last week's Delhi High Court blast, sources said.

The accused, Amir Abbas Dev and Hilal Asmin alias Hafiz were arrested on the basis of disclosure made by two Class 11 students of the town who were taken into custody on Wednesday.

Police sources said that the disclosures made by the two students were being corroborated. "This is a big lead but no conclusions need to be drawn at this moment," an officer associated with the investigations said.

Inspector General of Police said, "speculative publication/telecasts are seriously hampering the investigation of the case and are not in the national interest". "Relevant details of the case shall be shared with the media at appropriate time officially."

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...