"Much" progress made in 13/7 probe: Chidambaram

P Chidambaram
Mumbai, Sep 13: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram on Monday held a high-level unscheduled meeting here in which he was told that "much" progress has been made in connection with the July 13 serial bomb blasts inquiry, official sources said.

The meeting was held at the government rest house, Sahyadri, in south Mumbai in which the Union Home Minister was apprised about the course of investigations into the triple blasts in the city and the steps taken regarding the modernisation of the Maharashtra police, they said.

According to the sources, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan briefed Chidambaram about the progress made so far in the blasts probe and the modernisation programme.

At least 26 people were killed and several injured in blasts that had ripped through Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House localities on July 13.

The meeting, which lasted for around 50 minutes, was attended by state Home Minister R R Patil, ATS chief Rakesh Maria, state intelligence chief K L Prasad and Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik, they added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...