Surprising many, the declaration revealed that the Urban Development Minister, Kamal Nath is the richest cabinet minister, while Defence Minister, AK Antony is the poorest.
Declared assets of the ministers:
- Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath is the richest with assets worth Rs 263 crore,
- Manmohan Singh has assets worth Rs 5 crore,
- Pranab Mukherjee has assets worth Rs 1.8 crore,
- P Chidambaram has assets worth Rs 11 crore,
- AK Antony's personal assets worth Rs 1.8 lakh
Manmohan Singh has property worth Rs 1.8 crore, a Rs 90 lakh house in Chandigarh and a Rs 88 lakh apartment in Vasant Kunj in Delhi. His bank deposits amount to Rs 3.2 crore.
While Chidambaram's wife has assets worth Rs 12.8 crore, AK Antony's wife's assets are worth Rs 30 lakh.