Anna Hazare will break his fast at 10 am on Sunday 28
Anna Hazare: I congratualte every MP on what has happened today.
Vilasrao Deshmukh hands over a copy of the resolution to Anna Hazare
Vilasrao Deshmukh reads out PM's letter to Anna Hazare on stage at Ramlila Maidan
Both Houses of Parliament on Saturday 28, Aug, passed a resolution conveying the "sense of the House" on the Lokpal Bill, paving the way for Anna Hazare to break his fast.
Varun Gandhi supports Jan Lokpal, says Anna's movement has moved us.
Lalu Prasad Yadav takes the Parliament by storm says Bedi, Kejriwal misleading Anna Hazare. (Read:Lokpal: Highlights of Lalu Prasad's speech in LS).
Salman Khurshid in touch with Team Anna on resolution
Resolution will be translated in to Marathi, Vilas Rao Deshmukh will take that to Anna Hazare for approval.
Finally Govt. and Opposition agrees on the resolution. Voting likely to happen in the parliament soon.
When will Anna Hazare ends his fast?
Anna team asks- Sushma Swaraj has spoken loud and clear, BJP supports vote, resolution. Is the Govt playing double game?
Now it is learned that, Govt likely to come out with resolution after discussion.
Sushma Swaraj on Camera-Will vote in favour of Anna's conditions if necessary, whether it is a resolution or a motion.
Aamir Khan reaches Ramlila Maidan, now addressing people
Arun Jaitley discussing with Pranab Mukherjee.
No resolution to be considered by Parliament; sense of House to be conveyed to Anna Hazare team: Govt sources.
Anna supporters protest outside Pranab Mukherjee's residence in Kolkata.
BJP is not ready for a resolution as per Salman Khurshid - that is what Prashant Bhushan said. But BJP denies it. So what is the reality.
Stalemate again. Govt has betrayed us: Arvind Kejriwal
Team Anna: This is not what we wanted from the Parliament. Parliament is not voting the resolution.
Let them bring a resolution which can be voted in the floor of the house. Would like to see where politicians stand. Said Prasanth Bhushan
Prasanth Bhushan briefs media after meeting Salman Khurshid: There won't be any resolution or voting. Disappointed with governments stand.
Sri Sri Ravishankar insist Anna to end fast by 6 Pm
UPA allies meeting Pranab to finalise the resolution.
Pranab Mukherjee may make an appeal soon to Anna
Salman Khurshid is meeting the PM and briefing him regarding the discussion with Anna's Team
thekiranbedi tweets - Shown Anna ongoing proceeding in Parliament on IPad as he does not have a TV in his room. He smiled and said 'bahut achaa hai'
thekiranbedi tweets - Nearing hopefully a historical destination. Keep your prayers going. Jai hind friends.
Another gem of a tweet from avinashr85 that says, "while arun jaitley and pranab da raises the level of debate,sharad yadav immeadiately shows y we need electoral reforms."
Interesting tweet from Nikhil Waghale, Editor, IBN Lokmat : Sharad yadav is doing this deliberately. To provoke anna team, media. Deserves to ignore
Team Anna will arrive in Parliament today. Will meet with Pranab Mukherjee, Sandeep Dikshit, Salman Khursheed.
- Sources claim that the governemnt draft has agreed to all of the 3 conditions proposed by Team Anna.
Jaitley: Are we going to create institutions which are now entitled to tap the phones of the PM?
- Must make sure Minister's not subject to phone tapping.
-We do a need a citizen charter and public grievance. Some states have already started it. Centre should consider it too.
Arun Jaitley: We need to create a judicial commission, we should have judicial accountability.
- If we are creating a law, we cant say this procedure does not apply to the PM.
Opposition leader in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley shares his viewpoints on Lokpal Bill in RS. He says -
- Any Lokpal bill must be compatible with the constitution.
- Executive must not interfere in independence of judiciary.
- The maturity of indian politics should be that we don't get provoked by some extreme comments by civil society.
Sushma Swaraj: She also revealed the party's stand on the judiciary falling under the purview of the Lokpal Bill and said "Don't believe judiciary should be under Lokpal."
- We support all 3 points in the Jan Lokpal Bill.
Sushma Swaraj: Speaking on the Lokpal Bill introduced under NDA regime, she states that Atal Bihari Vajpayee came ahead and said he is ready to come under ambit of Lokpal.
- On the issue of the flawed investigation carired out by CBI, she jibesat the corruption in the agency and says, "Jayalalitha, Badal parivar, Mayavati everybody under CBI cases. Saare ke saare doodh ke dhuley udhar baithey hain"
Sushma Swaraj: Speaking in harsh words on the PM's stand, she stated, "I am happy that PM took control of the situation, I appreciate the steps and statement made by Pranab."
- Stepping up the attack against the UPA and the PM, she declared, "waise hamare PM kuch bolte nahi hain aur jab bolte hain to koi sunta nahi hai'
Sushma Swaraj: BJP always maintained that PM should come under Lokpal but under two riders, national security & public order.
- She also lambasted Rahul Gandhi's speech in Parliament. She read out parts of the speech and said, "Speeches should be allowed to raise important issues and not give sermons."
Opposition Leader of the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj commented during the special session for debating the Lokpal.
- The time has come for us to pass a Lokpal Bill and this is a historical day if it is passed with the people of India awaiting the Parliament's decision.
The important debate on the Lokpal Bill is underway at the Parliament with the ruling parties and the opposition debating and discussing the matter and stating their strong view points on the matter.
The debate was introduced by Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee who in his statement made the following points-
- I request Anna Hazare to call off his fast.
- This is one of the rare occasions when the attention of the entire nation and outside is drawn to proceedings of the Lok Sabha.
- The BJP party in a letter had quoted that the institutions of democracy cannot be undermined.