The new BBM Music service is a social music service that allows BlackBerry smartphone users to share and discover music through BBM Music friends. BBM Music users can share songs with their friends who have subscribed to the service and can access their friends' songs.
BBM Music is expected to be available later this year for a monthly subscription fee of $4.99 USD. For this service, RIM has inked agreements with with major labels including Vivendi SA's Universal Music Group, Sony Corp's Sony Music, Warner Music Group and EMI Group etc.
Each BBM Music user can create a profile of up to 50 songs from the millions of tracks available in the BBM Music Catalog. In addition to those 50 songs in profile, the more BBM Music friends they have, the more songs they can add and enjoy.
Features of BBM Music:
* Build your music profile from a Catalog of millions of tracks
* Invite friends to BBM Music from BBM contacts and gain access to their music and share music
* Create playlists from BBM Music songs plus your friends" songs
* Share playlists or single songs with BBM Music friends
* Follow friends" BBM Music activity via timelines and comments, or start up a BBM chat about favorite bands
* Cache music for easy offline listening
* Seamless integration with other BlackBerry music services
BBM Music will be available soon in countries including the United States, Canada, Britain, France, Germany, Indonesia, Australia, Turkey and Mexico.