The undertaking, which has been signed by crucial members of Team Anna - Kiran Bedi, Arvind Kejriwal, Prashant Bhushan, Shanti Bhushan, says that the protesting team will abide all restrictions and regulations mentioned in the undertaking.
The undertaking claims that the crowd will not exceed the capacity of the ground, which is around 25,000 people, though earlier it was reported that almost 40,000 to 50,000 people can gather at the venue.
Team Anna would be liable to be prosecuted under law if any conditions written in the undertaking are violated.
Clauses in the undertaking are:
- No damage to public property;
- Gathering will not exceed the limit of the ground;
- The crowd will not spill over to the nearby roads;
- The protesters will cooperate with traffic police; Loud speaker use within the ambit of a Supreme Court order (10 PM limit);
- Arrangements of drinking water, medical aid, mobile toilets, proper lighting;
- No carrying of lathi or any weapon;
- No provocative slogans/ speeches;
- No inflammatory slogans within 200 meters of religious or worship places;
- Public safety will be taken care of;
- No use of crackers.
Meanwhile, reports have been emerged that Anna will move to Ramlila Maidan on Friday, Aug 19 as the venue for the fast protest has not yet been prepared by the Delhi police.