The new Facebook for Business aims to provide ways "to grow your business with Facebook's powerful marketing tools." This new page also gives techniques to create Pages, Ads, Sponsored Stories and Platform.
"Facebook allows small businesses to create rich social experiences, build lasting relationships and amplify the most powerful type of marketing - word of mouth. We created Facebook.com/business to make it even easier for people to reach these objectives and grow," a Facebook spokesperson said.
Facebook for Business:
- Pages: Create a space to interact with your fans, get to know potential customers and build a community.
- Ads: Reach exactly the people you want with ads that let you target by age, location, interests and more.
- Sponsored Stories: Take advantage of friends talking to friends with sponsored stories, a natural way to amplify word of mouth.
- Platform: Transform your website into a social experience with plug-ins and custom apps.
How it works:
Build a presence:
* Create a Page - Treat your Facebook Page like a hub where people can connect with you, learn what you have to offer and become your fans
* Claim your Place and let people check in - Link your Page to a Place so people can let their Facebook friends know whenever they check in to your store or website
* Make your website social - Add the Like button and other social features to your website to create engaging, personalized experiences on and off Facebook
Engage your community:
* Join the conversation - Use your Page to post regular updates and offer special content to generate comments, likes and loyalty.
* Build relationships - Get to know your fans and make people feel at home by responding to Page feedback in a predictable, timely way
* Gain valuable insights - Learn how your audience is interacting with your Page and make adjustments to increase engagement.
Get the word out:
* Create an Ad - Run highly effective Facebook Ads to get the word out to exactly who you want using targeting criteria such as interests, location and more
* Amplify word of mouth - Set up Sponsored Stories to take advantage of friends talking to friends about your business.
It seems like Facebook is facing the heat in social networking market after the launch of Google+. Earlier, Facebook added video calling feature and group chat service soon after the announcement of Google Plus. Google has not yet announced the public launch date for Google Plus, but they told that they are adding more features to it. So, let's wait and see the great battle between the two giants.Stay tuned for more updates.