V Amrutha Kashyap, a resident of Bangalore's Bannerghatta road was feeding her baby Arman at around 9.30 am. The mother brought Arman to the passage when he refused to eat. Holding the kid on her arm, Mrs Kashyap stood near the window which had no grills and was showing him vehicles on the road.
All of a sudden the food bowl slipped from her left hand. While she tried to grab it, she lost control of her right hand in which she held her son and unfortunately the baby slipped to the ground floor parapet and suffered head injuries. Arman was rushed to Fortis hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. "It's tragic to see a child meeting such a horrific death," said a doctor at the hospital. On learning about the tragedy, shocked relatives and friends rushed to the Adarsh Rhythm apartment.
"I saw people rushing towards the basement. The boy was taken to hospital in a car. I could see a pool of blood at the spot the boy had fallen and the bowl with food strewn all over," a security guard said.