Cabinet reshuffle incomplete, says Karunanidhi

M Karunanidhi
Chennai, Jul 12: The reshuffle is not complete yet. I will comment on it after a formal announcement, said DMK supremo M Karunanidhi.

"The reshuffle is not complete yet. I will comment on it after a formal announcement," said Karunanidhi in Chennai.

The DMK Chief had met Pranab Mukherjee, finance minister in Chennai to discuss the reshuffle last week.

There were reports that DMK was offered one cabinet and two MoS berths by Congress. Reports also claimed that DMK would declare its decision on Jul 23 after its general council meeting.

DMK did not react immediately by taking the berths as there was the possibility of sending across a wrong signal, that the party has no objection to Kanimozhi's arrest, sources had said.

Pranab Mukherjee who met DMK Chief M Karunanidhi discussed the Kanimozhi issue and how the matter was being dealt in the Supreme Court.

"There are lots of writing and speculation on DMK-Congress alliance continuing or not. The alliance is there and will continue, it will be strengthened," Pranab Mukherjee had said after he met Karunanidhi.

The Prime Minister's cabinet reshuffle on Jul 12 (today) did not have any substitute for the two DMK ministers -- Ex-Textile Minister Dayanidhi Maran and Former Telecom Minister A Raja, who were forced to resign over corruption charges.

Dayanidhi Maran resigned on Thursday, Jul 7 after he was caught in the 2G spectrum scam following the number of evidences submitted by CBI establishing his role in the Aircel-Maxis deal. Meanwhile, A Raja, the main accused in 2G spectrum scam has been lodged in Tihar jail for his alleged role.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...