2G scam: Court warns CBI of fines for delay in doc scrutiny

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Court hammer
New Delhi, Jul 6: A special court, exclusively set up to hold trial in the 2G spectrum allocation case, warned CBI of either finish supplying documents to the accused by  Wednesday, Jul 6 or face the prospects of imposition of fine.

"I will impose cost on you (CBI). Complete the process of supplying deficit documents to the defence counsel by Wednesday and wind up others issues (replies on accused's applications) within this week," Special CBI judge O P Saini said.

"Nothing is happening, both prosecution and defence counsel are doing nothing. I have been lenient (till now) but would impose cost on further delay," the judge said.

The court's remarks came as the accused have been regularly complaining that CBI was not providing them complete set of documents and that, in many cases, they have received torn documents.

CBI prosecutor A K Singh told the court that the agency had finished the task of supplying complete set of documents to 15 accused yesterday itself and had already supplied it to Swan Telecom today.

He said the agency would supplement Reliance Telecom's set of deficit documents by morning. The court also pulled up defence counsel for filing several miscellaneous applications and arguing for long.

"I am kept occupied with these applications for the whole day. What is this? How will I work? Again you (defence counsel) are filing so many applications," the judge said.

The court asked if the lawyers were to keep on arguing for their applications for long, how will the case conclude?

"The accused are lodged in jail. Do you want them to remain in jail? If it's so, then it's OK," the judge said. All the 14 accused in the case are presently lodged in Tihar Jail.

PTI

Please Wait while comments are loading...