Aiming to end Microsoft Internet Explorer's monopoly in the web-browser market, Mozilla offers more features with the new Firefox 5. The new "a rapid release development cycle" ensures new features, enhancements, security updates and stability improvements.
Here are the reason why we have to choose Firefox 5 over Google Chrome 12 and IE 9. Mozilla claimed that the new Firefox 5 includes "more than 1,000 improvements and performance enhancements that make it easier to discover and use all of the innovative features in Firefox."
Firefox 5 adds support for more modern Web technologies that make it easier for developers to build amazing Firefox Add-ons, Web applications and websites.
One of the new feature on Firefox 5 for Android includes 'Do Not Track' privacy feature, which gives users more control over the way their browsing behavior is tracked and used on the Web. This new feature lets users tell websites that they wish to opt-out of online behavioral tracking. This feature is available in Firefox Preferences.
The latest version of Firefox has the following changes:
- Added support for CSS animations
- The Do-Not-Track header preference has been moved to increase discoverability
- Tuned HTTP idle connection logic for increased performance
- Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
- Improved spell checking for some locales
- Improved desktop environment integration for Linux users
- WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures
- Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms to improve performance
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Mozilla provides Firefox 5 for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X in a variety of languages. User can get the latest released version of Firefox by clicking here.