It floated precariously close to the Bandra-Worli Sea Link, posing as a serious security scare to it.
Bad weather conditions forced the suspension of the salvage operation to tow the cargo ship and will now resume after 15 days.
According to salvage workers they now have to wait for the next 15 days to see high tide, without which the operation may be further delayed. They also informed that during the period, authorities will try to work out another plan to bring the ship to the Juhu beach.
Prior to the attempt on Jun 19, there was another effort on Jun 18 to tow away the 9000 tonne cargo ship, despite favourable weather conditions. The salvage workers say that despite the significantly high tides, the vessel did not respond well to the tugging.
The Times of India quotes, Satish Agnihotri, Director-General of shipping, as saying, "We did not succeed in the second attempt though the salvers were able to move the ship by at least 3 to 4 degrees."
However, not all is gloomy despite the failed attempts to tow the vessel as officials are still optimistic of getting a solution to the problem. The Times of India has quoted officials as saying, "The fact the ship moved is significant. With a little luck, we can make the mission successful on Sunday."
The presence of MV Wisdom has left environmentalists worried as they fear the efforts to save a 9,000 ton ship could lead to a serious damage to the ship's body causing it to sink. There is a possibility that toxic material from the ship wreck could release in the water, poisoning the waters in Juhu.
If the ship stays in the waters of Juhu, it could change the pattern of the sea wave and if there are efforts to break the ship, the operation can turn out to be dangerous and expensive.