Gujarat: Electric shock from Chinese mobile kills a man

Written by: Abdul Nisar
Subscribe to Oneindia News
Shock symbol on Mobiles
Ahmadabad, Jun 17: Here is a 'shocking' news for Chinese mobile users. The cheap Chinese mobiles may lead you to death. A young man in Gujarat died due to electric shock from his Chinese-made mobile phone.

25-year-old Dhanji Damor from the Panchmahal district of Gujarat died on Thursday, Jun 16 due to electrocution from his mobile phone. Dhanji was trying to make a call when his mobile phone was plugged in for charging.

Family members told the reporters that immediately after the incident they took Dhanji to hospital, but by the time, he was dead. Doctors said the electric shock from the mobile was the reason behind his death.

The shocking news popped up while the Central government implemented stricter laws against low cost Chinese mobiles. These mobiles are manufactured with design that mimics branded smartphones. But, these mobiles are made of harmful elements and lack quality.

Chinese mobiles have gained much momentum in India, which is one of the largest mobile phone markets in the world. Recently, government made stricter laws like mandatory International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) for every mobiles, security standard certificate etc to ban these mobiles from the market. Still, the low cost, appealing design and features make these mobiles attractive to common man.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...