The notable security feature available on Google Chrome 12 is the Safe Browsing option, which screens downloaded files for known malware in addition to warning against potentially malicious or phishing websites.
Google Chrome developers claimed that they have carefully designed Safe Browsing feature so that malicious content can be detected without Chrome or Google ever having to know about the URLs the users visit or the files they download.
Chrome 12 also gives more control over the data that websites store on user's computer. This includes Flash Player"s Local Shared Objects (LSOs), which were previously only manageable using an online settings application on Adobe"s website.
The latest release includes support for hardware-accelerated 3D CSS, which means users will get a snazzier experience in some web pages and web apps that choose to implement 3D effects.
Google Chrome 12 new features include:
- Hardware accelerated 3D CSS
- New Safe Browsing protection against downloading malicious files
- Ability to delete Flash cookies from inside Chrome
- Launch Apps by name from the Omnibox
- Integrated Sync into new settings pages
- Improved screen reader support
- New warning when hitting Command-Q on Mac
- Removal of Google Gears
Google Chrome 12 is available now as a free download for Windows, Mac and Linux computers. Users can download the new Google Chrome 12 by clicking here.