Ramdev cancels press meet; in 'serious dialogue' with govt

Baba Ramdev
New Delhi, Jun 2: Amidst speculation whether he will go ahead with his hunger strike, Baba Ramdev cancelled a press conference scheduled this evening in view of "serious dialogue" with government.

His aides notified the media about the cancellation of the press conference at Ramlila Maidan, where he is to sit on fast from Saturday, saying the yoga guru would update the media about "conclusive" outcome tomorrow.

Four senior ministers, including Pranab Mukherjee, met him at the airport yesterday to discuss issues raised by him that includes repatriation of black money stashed abroad. The Ministers are scheduled to meet him tomorrow.

Earlier in the day, Ramdev held a meeting with his close associates here to finalise the strategy ahead of his proposed June 4 hunger strike on black money issue and talks with the government which wants him to call off the agitation.

Ramdev, who flew into the capital in a chartered jet from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh, discussed with his close aides on how to go about the issues during the next round of deliberations with the government, sources close to him said.

The yoga guru maintained that he will go ahead with the protest from June four at Ramlila Maidan.

Ramdev said he has spoken to the government and now he will interact with the people on the issues he was raising. He also said he could go ahead with talks with the government during his protest.

"Tell me which demand I raised is unreasonable. Seeking gallows for those who committed corruption to the tune of Rs 10 crore, Rs 50 crore, Rs 1,000 crore or Rs one lakh crore?" he asked.


Please Wait while comments are loading...