Sources said that the two-volume reply in about 1,000 pages has been sent and former top officials, including Kalmadi, have been held responsible on issues like ticketing, illegally inflated budgeting, Beijing Olympics Observer programme, appointment of consultant and recruitment scam among others, which the Shunglu Committee had pointed out.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had on October 25 appointed a high-level committee to look into alleged corruption and managerial lapses in conduct of the mega sporting event held between October 3-14 last year.
The Games organising body has also agreed for CBI and ED probe on certain contracts executed by Kalmadi and his close aides in toto with the high level committee findings.
"We have sent our reply to the Sports Ministry," CEO of Games Organising Committee Jarnail Singh told PTI.
According to the sources, there have been many instances in which Kalmadi and coterie of his officials have enjoyed monopoly in decision making and violated all norms while selecting a contractor.
The OC has, in its report, said there was revenue loss of Rs 52 crore in giving complimentary tickets to various government officials and private agencies among others.