According to hospital sources, the women, admitted in Ward number six of the hospital were given the poisonous liquid last evening, following which they began vomitting and complained of stomach ache.
All them had recently delivered children and were to be discharged soon, they said.
The matter came to light after one patient identified as Vaishali Wasule (28) while consuming the smelly thing told the hospital staff about the incident.
Soon after, her relatives informed the Gadge Nagar police station and also the Commissioner of Police here about it. Police have collected samples and further investigations are on, sources said.
All the women in the ward are stable and out of danger now, they added.