The new BlackBerry OS 7 provides an easier and faster user experience with improved browsing, voice-activated searches, the ability to manage personal content separately from corporate content, as well as additional personal and productivity apps out of the box.
BlackBerry OS 7 integrates BlackBerry Balance, which separates personal content from corporate content on the smartphone, giving users the freedom and flexibility to use the handset for personal email, Facebook, Twitter, multimedia, games and other apps while satisfying the very real need for corporate data to be highly secure and manageable.
BlackBerry 7 also offers voice-activated search, which makes it easier and more convenient to search for content on the smartphone or web. The OS 7 users will also get the full version of Docs To Go with all "premium" features enabled out-of-the-box so that users can easily work with Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the smartphone. Docs To Go also includes a native PDF viewer.
New BlackBerry OS 7 features:
* a way to separate user's work and personal data on BlackBerry smartphones
* prevent users from cut/copy/pasting work data into a personal application or email
* warning when sending email or calendar invites outside company
* prevent users from forwarding corporate email, calendar and PIM data through BlackBerry Internet services
* prevent device backups
* control and encrypt work data stored on a media card
* prevent access to work data and third party and add-on apps
* wipe only work data and applications
Anyhow, smartphones running on previous BlackBerry OS versions will not be able to upgrade to OS 7 as it is not compatible. So, if you want to taste the new OS 7, you have to wait till 2011 summer to buy the Bold Touch 9900 or Touch 9930 smartphones.