A child dies, six others ill after eating poisonous 'prasad'

Written by: Pti
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Dehra Dun, April 20: A child died and six others, including four children, were taken seriously ill after eating poisonous ''prasad'' at Natthanpur locality of Nehru Colony area here, police today (April 20) said.

The ''prasad'' was apparently distributed by an unidentified scooterist who had come to the area last evening to get his vehicle repaired.

The sweets was eaten by seven persons, including five children. Nearly an hour after, all of them complained of vomiting and uneasiness following which they were rushed to two hospitals where one of the five children died today.

Ujjawal's (11) body has been sent for post-mortem. The condition of others is also stated to be serious.
Police is tying to establish the identity of the scooterist.


Please Wait while comments are loading...