During the court proceeding in Delhi on Wednesday, Apr 13, Raja and his other "high profile" companion complained about the quality of food served to them in Tihar prison.
Raja complained to special CBI judge O P Saini as stating, "The food served to us is not of good quality." DB Realty promoter and one of the accused in 2G spectrum scam, Shahid Balwa also supported Raja about the low quality food.
Balwa's lawyer requested the court to order that they be provided food as per the provisions of the jail manual. The special court started its first hearing in the second generation telecom scam on Wednesday.(Read:2G scam drags Raja, Corp honchos under Delhi court's scanner)
The people, who were summoned by the special court, are:
- Vinod Goenka, (Director of Mumbai-based DB Realty)
- Sanjay Chandra, (MD of Unitech and Unitech Wireless)
- Gautam Doshi, (Reliance Telecom Company)
- Hari Nair (Reliance Telecom Company)
- Surendra Pipara, (Reliance Telecom Company)
- A Raja (former Telecom Minister)
- Siddhartha Behura (former Telecom Secretary)
- R K Chandolia (Raja's personal secretary)
- Shahid Usman Balwa (Swan Telecom Promoter)