According to sources, the ED will issue show cause notices to Kalmadi and the others to ascertain their "exact" roles in financial dealings and other decisions related to fund transfers, especially for the Queens Baton Relay (QBR) that was held in London before the Games were held here.
The agency had last year registered a case for violation of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) as part of its probe into the alleged corruption in the run-up to the Games.
It has also registered a case in overlays-related works of the Games and has filed a case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
The ED has been tracking the flow of funds with the help of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for sometime now for a number of events related to the games, including the QBR.
Kalmadi, being the head of the OC, would be sent a show cause notice asking for explanation on certain points, the sources said.
They said the former OC chief was recently questioned by the CBI in connection with the QBR and some leads have been shared with them.
The agency has also questioned a number of OC officials and owners of the various consortia who executed works related to the CWG that were held here from October 3-14.