Various technology blogs reported that Nokia lovers in US can buy the new Nokia C7 in a new brand name called Nokia Astound on Apr 6, 2011. T-Mobile will offer Nokia Astound with a price tag of $79.99. Nokia C7 aka Nokia Astound runs on Symbian 3 operating system, which was featured on Nokia E7 and N8.
Nokia Astound has a 3.5 inch AMOLED touchscreen display and a 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash. The rear camera is capable of recording HD 720p videos. This new smartphone offers social networking hubs with Facebook and Twitter updates straight on the homescreen.
The Nokia Astound offers 8 GB internal memory and it support 32 GB micro SD memory expansion. Other features on the phone include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, one touch access to email accounts like Ovi Mail, Yahoo! Mail and Windows Live Hotmail.
Nokia C7 Specifications & Features:
* 3.5-inch capacitive touch screen (640 x 360 pixels)
* 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash and HD video recording
* Symbian 3 OS
* Finger touch control
* Three customizable home screens
* GPRS/EDGE class B, multislot class 33
* HSDPA Cat9, maximum speed up to 10.2 Mbps, HSUPA Cat5 2.0 Mbps
* WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n
* Bluetooth 3.0
* Micro USB connector and charging
* 8 GB internal memory (extended upto 32 GB)
* HTML support for email
* Web browsing with touch control
* Integrated GPS, A-GPS receivers
* HD 720p Video playback on TV
* Stereo FM radio
* MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
* BL-5K 1200 mAh Li-Ion battery
Nokia has not yet announced the official release date and price of Nokia Astound in United States. This will be another featured Nokia smartphone in United states after the launch of Nokia X2-01. Stay tuned for official release notes.