The crucial move has been taken out by Muammar Gaddafi's men when United Nations voted the resolution to issue no-fly zone over Libya. UN, previously, declared no-fly zone and "all necessary measures" to protect the Libyans including airstrikes.
Announcing the immediate cease-fire, Libya's foreign minister claimed, "cease-fire will take the country back to safety" and he also ensured security for all Libyans.
Meanwhile, sources reported that Military action by the US and its European allies against Libya would come within hours and the effort to put the brakes on Gaddafi's offensive into the east could involve some key Arab nations.
Obama Administration has readied plans to enforce the no-fly zone and allied warplanes could be over Libya by Sunday or Monday, CNN reported quoting top Pentagon officials.
But a French Government Spokesman Francois Baroin was quoted by BBC as saying that the strikes could come "rapidly... within a few hours", and that Paris would participate in the action.
BBC said that other major EU nations including Germany, UK, Denmark and Norway have said that they were ready to send fighter units to ground the Libyan airforce.
Despite announcing the cease-fire, Libya's foreign minister, however, criticized the authorization of international military action, calling it a violation of Libya's sovereignty.