During the Apple event which showed the iPad 2, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced the release of iOS 4.3 with more exciting features. The new OS version will be available for free download form Apple's official website. Anyhow, iOS 4.3 will not support updates on iPhone 3GS and the second generation iPod Touch.
Earlier, Apple said that iOS 4.3 will be rolled out along with iPad 2 on Mar 11, but later it released a day earlier than the launch of iPad 2. The iOS users can upgrade to iOS 4.3 by downloading the iTunes 10.2.1 and simply syncing with the program on Mac or PC.
New Features on Apple iOS 4.3:
* Personal Hotspot - With this new feature, iPhone 4 users can share their data connection with maximum five devices using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB).
* iTunes Home Sharing - Users can play music, movies and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2).
* AirPlay enhancements - It helps to play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV. Also it lets play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV.
* Ping features - Push notifications for comments and follow requests, post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen and parental controls.
* New Settings - Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert and iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects.
Apart from the new features, Apple said that the new iOS 4.3 will fix many bugs on the previous versions. The new iPad 2 powered by iOS 4.3 will be available in stores in United States by tomorrow (Mar 11) and by Mar 25 in many other European countries. So, would you like to buy the all new Faster, Thinner and Lighter Ipad 2. Let's know it through your 'comments.'