KABUL: At least four people were killed and 38 others injured on Saturday during a suicide bomber attack in northern Afghanistan, officials said.
The bomber detonated explosives strapped to his body at a popular sport competition in the northern Faryab province.
President Karzai and the International Security Assistance Force condemned the killing and wounding of several Afghan civilians.
"Insurgents murdered innocent civilians, and a Taliban spokesman dismissed the civilian killings by saying 'sometimes it happens,'" said Rear Admiral Vic Beck, ISAF Director of Public Affairs.
"The spokesman's callous dismissal of Afghan civilian deaths is appalling. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those innocent civilians murdered and wounded by the Taliban," he added.
Earlier on Saturday, nine civilians, including three women and four children, were killed when their car hit a roadside bomb in southeastern Khost province, provincial deputy police chief, Col. Mohammad Yaqub, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
(BNO NEWS )