No security compromise at Wankhede: Shetty

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Feb 20 (PTI) Seeking to allay fears expressed bythe city''s fire department about the safety norms at theWankhede stadium, World Cup tournament director RatnakarShetty today said security and safety of people would not becompromised while staging matches at the venue.

"When we build a stadium, we take care of each and everyperson who will come to the stadium. And there would be nocompromises in anything required by the government or anyagencies," Shetty told reporters who were taken around therenovated stadium.

"Every permission that is required will be obtained andwithout that you can not have a stadium. You can not organisea match. But getting a permission is a procedure. It does nothappen that you go to a counter and say now give me a NOC.

There is a procedure which is followed and permissions aretaken in a sequence.

"Rest assured, all permissions will be in hand, allthings required from the fire department and the NOC (noobjection certificate). What is required is the compliance atthe new areas like the basement at the north stand which willhouse the control room for the television and the mediaconference room," he said.

Expressing displeasure at the non-compliance of firesafety norms at the revamped Wankhede stadium, city''s FireBrigade department had last week said that it would seek areply from the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) in thisregard. More PTI VKV ABC AT

Please Wait while comments are loading...